Name: Jack Y
School: Newall Green High School
Further Education: none as yet
Passions: Computers and video games
Ambitions: To be a successful engineer
If you were a superhero who would you be? The Flash
- When did you decide on engineering and how did you get involved with the engineering apprenticeship programme?
I decided in my final year at high school. I sent my CV to engineering companies.
- What did you study at school to qualify in engineering?
- What kind of projects does your apprenticeship enable you to become involved in?
Gear cutting currently
- What help and support do you receive as an apprentice?
I receive all the help and support from my Mikey my Mentor.
- Have you gained any further education qualifications after leaving school?
- Do you think your apprenticeship will set you in good stead for your current and future career?
- What do you think you would be doing if you were not in engineering?
I think id be in a construction trade
- What did you want to do when you left school?
I only wanted to be in Engineering!
- How easy did you find the transition from school to a working environment?
Quite easy as I’ve transitioned from education to working before.
- What Machine are you currently manning and training on:
CNC gear cutting machines.