School: North Chadderton
Further Education: n/a
Ambitions: To be rich
If you were a superhero who would you be? Batman
- When did you decide on engineering and how did you get involved with the engineering apprenticeship programme?
At school really I started metalwork and woodwork at school and really enjoyed it, I then chose to do apply at Oldham Training centre in engineering. Been to a few places in my youth but now finally got back into Engineering where my passions really lie.
- What did you study at school to qualify in engineering?
Woodwork and Science
- What kind of projects does your apprenticeship enable you to become involved in?
Learn new skills with different materials and machines.
- What help and support do you receive as an apprentice?
I have daily mentoring so I can progress
- Have you gained any further education qualifications after leaving school?
Went straight from school to into work at local engineering companies before joining Hopwood Gear.
- Do you think your apprenticeship will set you in good stead for your current and future career?
- What do you think you would be doing if you were not in engineering?
- What did you want to do when you left school?
- How easy did you find the transition from school to a working environment?
Not too bad as i have previous experience.
- What Machine are you currently manning and training on:
Fitting , Milling and Broaching.