School: Hollingworth Academy
Further Education: OTC City & Guids level 3
Passions: Keeping fit by attending the Gym
Ambitions: To be rich
If you were a superhero who would you be? Deadpool
- When did you decide on engineering and how did you get involved with the engineering apprenticeship programme?
At school. I chose to do engineering at GCSE and did welding and fabrication as my work experience.
- What did you study at school to qualify in engineering?
Engineering at GCSE , Maths, English and Science
- What kind of projects does your apprenticeship enable you to become involved in?
This apprenticeship gets me involved in a variety of different areas of engineering such as technical knowledge like trigonometry as well as hands on work.
- What help and support do you receive as an apprentice?
I receive brilliant help and support from my Martin my Mentor and College.
- Have you gained any further education qualifications after leaving school?
I have been to two different companies before starting at Hopwood Gear and only did a year so i studied further maths, material studies and electrical science.
- Do you think your apprenticeship will set you in good stead for your current and future career?
Yes hopefully, as CNC machining is what i want to become fully skilled in.
- What do you think you would be doing if you were not in engineering?
Something along the lines of Engineering, maybe electronics, underground wiring or computer work
- What did you want to do when you left school?
I only wanted to be in Engineering!
- How easy did you find the transition from school to a working environment?
Not easy, I struggled a bit as you have to constantly concentrate and pay attention, but i soon got used to it.
- What Machine are you currently manning and training on:
CNC Milling machines, HAAS.