Name: Dylan Preston
Further Education: None as yet
Passions: Playing the Guitar
Ambitions: To become a guitar and solo for a band
If you were a superhero who would you be? Superman
- When did you decide on engineering and how did you get involved with the engineering apprenticeship programme?
End of year 10
- What did you study at school to qualify in engineering?
Construction / Manual Techniques
- What kind of projects does your apprenticeship enable you to become involved in?
Hands on with the machinery
- What help and support do you receive as an apprentice?
Have a mentor Darren who gives full support but also allows me to develop and reduces support as and when needed
- Have you gained any further education qualifications after leaving school?
- Do you think your apprenticeship will set you in good stead for your current and future career?
- What do you think you would be doing if you were not in engineering?
Working at Tesco
- What did you want to do when you left school?
Become involved in music
- How easy did you find the transition from school to a working environment?
- What Machine are you currently manning and training on:
Pfauter Gear Hobber and basically all gear cutting equipment