School: Saddleworth School
Further Education: n/a
Ambitions: To be rich
If you were a superhero who would you be? Batman
- When did you decide on engineering and how did you get involved with the engineering apprenticeship programme?
At school really I started woodwork at school and developed from there, I then chose to do engineering at GCSE and from their applied direct to Hopwood gears for an apprenticeship
- What did you study at school to qualify in engineering?
Woodwork and Engineering
- What kind of projects does your apprenticeship enable you to become involved in?
Hands on training with different machines and materials
- What help and support do you receive as an apprentice?
At start I had daily mentoring but I have now become more independent
- Have you gained any further education qualifications after leaving school?
Went straight from school to Hopwood Gears
- Do you think your apprenticeship will set you in good stead for your current and future career?
- What do you think you would be doing if you were not in engineering?
- What did you want to do when you left school?
- How easy did you find the transition from school to a working environment?
Not easy, I struggled a bit as you have to constantly concentrate and pay attention
- What Machine are you currently manning and training on:
Gear Cutting Machines; Grinding – Surface; Wire Eroding