Name: Mitchell O’Donnell
School: North Chadderton
Further Education: None as yet
Passions: Bike Riding
Ambitions: To be Rich
If you were a superhero who would you be? Batman
- When did you decide on engineering and how did you get involved with the engineering apprenticeship programme?
At school i was involved quite heavily in construction and so it all developed from there really. I applied directly to Hopwood Gears for an apprenticeship as i had heard good things about them.
- What did you study at school to qualify in engineering?
- What kind of projects does your apprenticeship enable you to become involved in?
Hands on training and working with different materials
- What help and support do you receive as an apprentice?
I have a mentor Alex who gives full support but also allows me to develop and reduces support as and when needed
- Have you gained any further education qualifications after leaving school?
Currently studying at Hopwood Hall an NVQ in engineering on day release
- Do you think your apprenticeship will set you in good stead for your current and future career?
- What do you think you would be doing if you were not in engineering?
Working as a joiner
- What did you want to do when you left school?
Become involved in Engineering
- How easy did you find the transition from school to a working environment?
- What Machine are you currently manning and training on:
Large capacity turning machines